Photo Courtesy of the Valley Symphony Orchestra
If you’re looking for things to do in McAllen this weekend, then be sure to mark your planners for all of the events below! You can look forward to many Halloween celebrations, a James Bond-inspired performance by the Valley Symphony Orchestra, a Youth Art Class at the IMAS, and so much more! Check them all out!
Friday, October 25th
- Visit the Bony Trail at Quinta Mazatlán until October 31st from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM. There is a park admission fee of $3 per person.
- Texas Home & Outdoor Expo at the McAllen Convention Center is set from 4:00 PM until 6:00 PM each day this weekend.
- Boat and Fish on Town Lake at Firemen’s Park will be held from 4:00 PM until 8:00 PM each day this weekend.
- Sip, mingle, and shop during Blooms and Bubbly from 4:00 PM until 7:00 PM at Southern Roots Flower Market.
- Fall Festival Pumpkin Patch at La Cova Ranch is scheduled from 5:00 PM until 9:00 PM, Saturday from 11:00 AM until 9:00 PM, and Sunday from 12:00 PM until 8:00 PM. There is an admission fee of $7 per adult, three years and older for $3, and two years and under for free.
- Dental Park Halloween Bash will be held from 5:00 PM until 7:00 PM. There will be a costume contest, candies, food, games, and much more family-fun.
- Scary Night Fall Festival at A Step in Time’s Antiques, Vintage, and More is set from 5:00 PM until 8:00 PM.
- Take your Fall Family Photos at Chick-fil-a on 27th and Nolana between 6:00 PM until 8:00 PM.
- Bruja Market at Brewsome will be held from 6:00 PM until 9:00 PM. It’ll be a night of art, brews, food, and fun! This is a pet-friendly event.
- McAllen Food Park Night and Halloween Costume Contest will take place from 8:00 PM until 10:00 PM.
- Catch a performance of James Bond Meets Brahms: Two Men of Mystery, One Incredible Concert by the Valley Symphony Orchestra at the McAllen Performing Arts Center from 8:00 PM until 10:00 PM. Tickets start at $25. Click here to purchase.
- Are You Afraid of the Art? will be held at Grain to Glass from 9:00 PM until 2:00 AM.
- House of the Dead 2 at The Side Room will take place from 10:00 PM until 2:00 AM.
- Season of the Witch Goth Night will be held at Cine El Rey beginning at 11:30 PM. No cover for 21-years and over but there will be a $5 charge for 18-years and over.
Photo Courtesy of the IMAS Museum
Saturday, October 26th
- Saturday Morning Art Making will be held at the McAllen Creative Incubator from 9:30 AM until 12:30 PM. There is a workshop fee of $10 per person.
- Shop locally at the McAllen Farmers Market from 10:00 AM until 1:00 PM.
- Join the annual family-friendly potato sack race, Wobble for Warmth, at Bill Schupp Park from 10:00 AM until 12:00 PM. Cost of admission to race is a blanket or coat donation.
- The Halloween Bash at IMAS will be held from 10:00 AM until 5:00 PM. Celebrate All Hallows’ Eve with hands-on activities and special presentations.
- Oinktoberfest BBQ Cook-Off & Pumpkin Festival will be held at 1324 E. Nolana Ave. beginning at 10:00 AM. Tickets are $10 for adults and kids enter for free. For tickets and information, please email email@example.com.
- Join Trunk or Treat at the Mcallen Elks Lounge #1402 from 10:00 AM until 12:00 PM.
- Nature Nuggets – Night Creatures & Native Plants at Quinta Mazatlán is set from 10:00 AM until 11:00 AM. There is a park admission fee of $3 per person.
- Grab some free comics and candy during Halloween Comicfest 2019 at Limited Editions from 10:00 AM until 10:00 PM. Stick around for the Halloween/horror-themed trivia contest!
- Do you love animals? Join Creature Feature at Quinta Mazatlán from 11:00 AM until 12:00 PM to learn about animals and understand our connection to all living things. There is a park admission fee of $3 per person.
- Stop by the Fall Festival and Vendor Show at Maddie’s Pumpkin Patch on the 26th and 27th from 11:00 AM until 8:00 PM. There is a fee of $10 per adult and kids under two years get in free.
- Practice Yoga at the McAllen Farmers Market from 11:30 AM until 12:30 PM.
- Free comics, events, sales, and fun during Halloween Comicfest at Kaboom Comics will be held from 12:00 PM until 9:00 PM.
- Celebrate Halloween with the Spooktacular K-Pop Dance Workshop at the McAllen Public Library from 1:00 PM until 4:00 PM. All ages welcome.
- Bring your furry friends to Clark Chevrolet at 801 W. Bus. 83 for the Family Pet Costume Contest from 2:00 PM until 5:00 PM.
- Put on your Halloween costumes and join the Halloween Cookie Decorating & Costume Parade at City Café & Catering from 2:00 PM until 4:00 PM.
- Paul’s 56th Annual Fall Festival will be held at St. Paul Lutheran Church from 4:00 PM until 8:00 PM.
- Pets & Pints – Halloween Edition will be held at Brewsome from 6:00 PM until 9:00 PM. There is a fee of $41 to participate. Click here to register.
- The 3rd Annual Monster Ball will be held at Austin Street Bar beginning at 7:00 PM.
- We Will Rock You at the McAllen Performing Arts Center will begin at 8:00 PM. Tickets are available online. Click here to purchase.
- Make time for the Pre-Halloween Bash with a live performance by The Lost Puppies. This event will be held at Bourbon St. Grill beginning at 8:00 PM.
- The Halloween Celebration at American Legion Post 37 will begin at 8:00 PM.
- Enjoy a spooktacular night of house music by Haunted House featuring Robbie Rivera at The Landmark beginning at 8:00 PM. Tickets start at $25. Click here to purchase.
- Have a night of frights, dancing, and fun at Deloreans Annual Halloween Party beginning at 8:00 PM.
- The Dark Carnevil arrives at Famoso Fuego at 8:00 PM.
- A Halloween Costume Party at London Grill and Tavern will take place from 9:00 PM until 2:00 AM.
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show LIVE Shadowcast will be held at Cine El Rey from 10:00 PM until 2:00 AM. Tickets are available online. Click here to purchase.
- The Whiskey D. Halloween Bash at Whiskey Barrel Bar & Grill will begin at 10:00 PM.
Photo Courtesy of Sun & Ski Sports – McAllen
Sunday, October 27th
- Fused Glass Pocket Vase/Clock Workshop at McAllen Stained Glass is scheduled from 10:00 AM until 12:00 PM. There is a fee of $55 per person with all materials provided.
- Enjoy a bike ride with the Sun & Ski Sports Team during their Sunday Sapo Gravel Ride from 7:00 AM until 10:00 AM. Meet at their La Plaza Mall location and don’t forget your helmet and water bottle!
- Pumpkins for Paws will be held at Grain to Glass from 12:00 PM until 5:00 PM. Come carve some pumpkins for a $5 donation and help raise money for Yaqui Animal Rescue.
- Explore the art of fabric design during the Youth Art Class: Trick-or-Treat Totes at IMAS from 1:00 PM until 2:30 PM. There is a workshop fee of $15 per person. Click here to register.
- Bring your little one for stories, signs, and playtime during Baby Storytime! This event will be held at the McAllen Public Library from 4:00 PM until 5:00 PM.
- The 5th Annual Halloween Horror Concert at The Flying Walrus will take place from 9:00 PM until 2:00 AM.
Tag Us, Explorers!
As you’re exploring McAllen, don’t forget to tag us or use #exploremcallen and #mcalleneats for a chance to be featured on our social media!