Don’t stay at home this weekend, Explorers! Take your family and friends out for plenty of things to do in McAllen! There will be so much going on that you might not have enough time to do it all! Don’t worry, Explorers, here is a list to help you choose!
January 11 – South McAllen Activities
- Saxet Gun Show – All you outdoor and Western-collectible enthusiasts will love this annual convention! This trade show includes vendors from Texas, with the latest products in tactical gear and target sports! The entry fee is $5.
- In between the fun, walk on over to one of our nearby restaurants at Palm’s Crossing Center! Restaurants include Corner Bakery Café and Saltgrass Steakhouse.
- John Milton Show – After a good meal, take your family to the McAllen Performing Arts Center to see John Milton’s hypnotist show, ¡Duermase! It will be playing all weekend and will leave you captivated and entertained! Purchase your tickets online through Ticketmaster or at the box office.
January 12 – Family Arts
- Colibri Children’s Choirs – Embrace your child’s musical talents and let them audition for the Colibri Children’s Choir! This community-founded choir holds performances at the McAllen Creative Incubator and performs with the city! Auditions start at 10:00 AM at the McAllen Creative Incubator.
- IMAS Workshops – Cub Scouts, get ready to earn your art or science badge at the IMAS workshop, Stories in Shapes! Learn about abstract art, create your own work, and take it home with you. Badges are not included in the workshop. The entry fee is $8 for IMAS members and $10 for non-members.
January 13 – Last Days of Fun
- Photos of Maddie’s Holiday Lights – Don’t miss the last day for taking photos of Maddie’s Holiday Lights! This beautiful farm is filled with scenery and props to be used for photo ops! The entry fee is $7, but children two years and under enter for free.
- Wedding Fair – If you are newly-engaged, then grab your gal pals and make it a fun outing on Sunday! Attend the Wedding Fair at the McAllen Convention Center. The fair will be filled with Pinterest-worthy wedding services and vendors and raffles for those lucky brides-to-be.