This weekend, McAllen will be full of fun for the entire family, including McAllen’s ArtWalk, the Arbor Day Celebration, and Hobbies in Nature! Scroll down to see which event you would like to attend for a good time this weekend in McAllen!
Friday, March 6th
- Tonight, the McAllen Performing Arts Center presents The Illusionists! This mind-blowing Broadway show features some of the greatest illusionists from across the globe and tonight they’re here in McAllen! Get your tickets now at the McAllen Performing Arts Center box office or visit https://bit.ly/2IflLIT
- It’s the first Friday of the month! That means McAllen’s Art Walk is back! Come see local artists showcase their works from 6:00 PM until 10:00 PM at Art Village on Main located at 800 N. Main Street. Art Walk is free and open to everyone.
- Tonight, CRYO Body Perfections presents Bubbles, Bites, and Body Love, a celebration of local female small business owners. This free event includes complimentary mini-massages, makeup demonstrations from Mary Kay reps, and snacks and champagne, courtesy of Maison Stivalet.
Saturday, March 7th
- Keep McAllen Beautiful presents the Arbor Day Celebration! This fun-filled day will feature a 5K, 10K, Kids 1-Mile Run, 25-mile run, and 100K Bike Tour. All events will commence at the McAllen Municipal Park from 7:00 AM until noon.
- Get up early and stop by the McAllen Nature Center for Tai Chi in the Park from 8:00 AM until 9:00 AM. This hour-long program is free to the public and everyone is encouraged to attend.
- Experience a leisurely-guided tour through the wooded trails of Quinta Mazatlán for Birding Our Backyard. Come see the feeding stations, water stations, and amazing habitats of some incredible birds native to the Rio Grande Valley from 8:30 AM until 10:00 AM!
- The McAllen Farmer’s Market returns to the McAllen Public Library from 10:00 AM until 1:00 PM. Stock up on locally-grown fruits and vegetables, and check out the health and beauty products and handcrafted jewelry!
- Moonstruck Market will be hosting a Mardi Gras-themed market and invites everyone! Stop by 1200 N. 10th Street from 12:00 PM until 6:00 PM for an art contest, live music, live painting, and so much more! Plus, there will be food vendors!
- It’s the first Saturday of the month, and that means it’s time for Hobbies in Nature hosted by the Quinta Mazatlán from 2:00 PM until 4:00 PM. Hobbies in Nature is a series that delves deeper into a seasonally-relevant topic with indoor and outdoor components.
- Girl Scouts of the Rio Grande Valley, the International Museum of Art & Science presents the Girl Scouts Workshop! It will focus on computer safety. You can also investigate a cybersecurity breach at the museum! The workshop covers all steps for cybersecurity 1 and 3 badges and runs from 2:00 PM until 4:30 PM. Admission is $8 for IMAS members and $10 for non-members.
Sunday, March 8th
- Celebrate International Women’s Day at the historic Cine El Rey with a small business showcase and pop-up market! This celebration lasts from 1:00 PM until 6:00 PM and is free for all ages. Over 30 vendors, small businesses, and musicians will be in attendance.
- Celebrate International Women’s Day with Mujer RGV at Grain to Glass from 6:00 PM until 9:00 PM! There will be female vendors, artists, and musicians, so stop by!
Have Fun, Explorers!
Good weather is on the forecast all weekend, so get out and make it memorable! Tag us in your photos or use #ExploreMcAllen for a chance to be featured on our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram profiles!