14,000 pounds of crawfish, the biggest comic con in the Rio Grande Valley, and performances by All-Star Theatre; this weekend will be full of fun for the whole family! Check out more things to do in McAllen below!
Friday, April 26th
- South Texas Comic Con at the McAllen Convention Center begins at 12:00 PM and ends at 8:00 PM. This event will last all weekend long. Tickets are available online!
- The Rotary Crawfish Boil at Las Palmas Race Park starts at 6:30 PM and ends at 11:00 PM. General admission is $75. Get your tickets online!
- Make some time for an early bird and nature walk at the McAllen Nature Center starting at 8:30 AM.
Saturday, April 27th
- Vendor Market Day at 2209 Kendlewood Ave. starts at 9:00 AM and ends at 4:00 PM.
- Join Saturday Morning Art-Making at the McAllen Creative Incubator from 9:30 AM until 12:30 PM. The admission fee is $10.00 per workshop.
- Celebrate Kite Day at Palm View Community Center at 10:00 AM. The admission fee is $5.00 per kite kit.
- The 11th Annual 24-Hour Film Dash at Cine El Rey Theatre starts at 11:00 AM.
- Bring your furry best friend to Doggie Day at the Pool at Los Encinos Pool. It starts at 11:00 AM and ends at 4:00 PM. The admission fees are $1.00 per person and $2.00 per dog.
- Be a part of Relay for Life of the Upper Valley! It’ll be happening at Veterans Memorial Stadium from 5:00 PM until midnight.
- Catch the All-Star Theatre – Willy Wonka Jr. Red Performance at the McAllen Performing Arts Center. The first show is at 2:00 PM and the second starts at 7:00 PM. This event will also be held on Sunday, April 28th. Tickets are available online.
Sunday, April 28th