Photo Courtesy of Reserva Coffee Roasters
Coffee is a universally-enjoyed beverage. Instead of waiting in line at Starbucks, make a trip to any local cafés in McAllen for National Coffee Day on September 29th! Sip on your favorite iced coffee (necessary for this Valley weather) or signature Trago and munch on pastries with whichever beverage you order. Check out some of the best cafés in McAllen below.
Reserva’s atmosphere is always inviting and cozy, no matter the time of day or season. Their elegant interior is full of gold accents and greenery. They specialize in serving locally-roasted craft specialty coffee, loose-leaf teas, and made-from-scratch pastries.
- Open Monday through Friday from 6:00 AM until 10:00 PM, Saturday from 7:00 AM until 10:00 PM, and Sunday from 8:00 AM until 10:00 PM.
- Located at 3400 W. Expressway 83, Ste. 130
- (956) 322-6382
Photo Courtesy of Semilla Coffee Lab
This specialty coffee lab is known for their signature Tragos that are perfect for a hot day. This minimalistic location features framed artwork, wood countertops and tables, and inventive coffee options offered in a Pyrex flask.
- Open Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM until 10:00 PM and Saturday from 9:00 AM until 10:00 PM. Closed on Sunday.
- Located at 4717 N. 10th
- (956) 867-4649
Photo Courtesy of Luna Coffee House
Satisfy your sweet tooth with any of Luna Coffee House’s creative beverages! On Saturdays, they host an Open Mic Night where artists, poets, singers, and songwriters are free to express themselves.
- Open Tuesday through Friday from 11:00 AM until 11:00 PM, Friday from 11:00 AM until 12:00 AM, and Sunday from 11:00 AM until 11:00 PM. Closed on Monday.
- Located at 113 W. Nolana Ave.
- (956) 332-5862
This is a restaurant/café with authentic French-inspired menu items that consist of wine, macaroons, burgers, coffee, and so much more. This chic café features beautiful chandeliers and comfortable seating that are perfect for casual dining.
- Open Tuesday through Thursday from 10:00 AM until 10:00 PM, Friday and Saturday from 10:00 AM until 11:00 PM, and Sunday from 11:00 AM until 3:00 PM. Closed on Monday.
- Located at 5101 N. 10th
- (956) 800-4192
Photo Courtesy of Black Iron Cafe
Visit one of their three locations in McAllen the next time you’re craving a delicious sandwich and cup of joe. This family-owned café features an ample working space and friendly employees, all in a relaxed setting.
7001 N. 10th St.
- Open Monday through Saturday from 7:00 AM until 9:00 PM and Sunday from 9:30 AM until 9:00 PM.
- (956) 627-3380
4001 N. 23rd St. – Inside the McAllen Public Library
- Open Monday through Thursday from 9:00 AM until 9:00 PM, Friday and Saturday from 9:00 AM until 6:00 PM, and Sunday from 1:00 PM until 9:00 PM.
- (956) 379-2074
6200 Tres Lagos Blvd. – Inside the A&M Building
- Open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM and Friday from 8:00 AM until 4:00 PM. Closed on Saturday and Sunday.
- (956) 432-0007
Explore McAllen for Your New Favorite Café!
Snap a photo of your favorite coffee creation and be sure to tag us or use #mcallendrinks, #mcalleneats, and #exploremcallen.