Experience the largest dragon celebration in the Rio Grande Valley at the International Museum of Art & Science (IMAS) on Saturday, August 13th from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM. Spend a fun-filled day learning about Asian cultures and plenty of hands-on activities!
What to Expect
The Dragon Festival will feature non-stop traditional and contemporary performing arts, including Taiji dancers and more. In addition to these performances, the event will also offer unique hands-on activities such as:
- Making and decorating your own dragon boat
- Learning to write “Dragon” in Chinese calligraphy
- Decorating your own Chinese perfume pouch, a traditional personal adornment
- Wearing cultural dresses and taking glamour photos with friends
- Writing your name in Chinese characters on your own white T-shirt
- Watching Mulan, which follows the brave titular character as she demonstrates the true courage of a princess
Volunteer registration for the Dragon Festival begins on July 29, 2016! Please join us to bring a successful event to the general public! The benefits of being a Dragon Festival volunteer include the satisfaction of contributing to an important Asian cultural event, having the opportunity to participate in an exciting and fun festival, and earning a festival souvenir as a thank you gift. For information, please contact Ms. Viviana Cabellero at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us for fun and excitement as a celebration full of performances and cultural experiences await you! The Dragon Festival is included with general admission. Regular general admission is $7.00 for adults, $5 for senior citizens or students with I.D., $4 for children 4 through 12 and FREE for IMAS members. For more information, please call 956.682.0123 or visit the IMAS website.