McAllen is full of nightlife activities, savory restaurants and great hospitality. When thinking of wooing that special someone in their life for date night, most people automatically think of going to a restaurant. While McAllen has many savory and romantic spots to impress a date, it now has a new contender for date night.
The McAllen Performing Arts Center serves as the premier performing arts venue for the entire South Texas region. With its vibrant mesh of purples, blues and architecture that mimics the beauty of the Rio Grande Valley, the McAllen Performing Arts Center will have your date aweing.
The Lights, Ambiance and Beauty
MPAC Fun Facts
When you’re at the show, impress your date with some of these fun facts courtesy of ERO Architects!
- The stage is eight stories tall and one-and-a-half times the size of a basketball court.
- The theatre stage is as large as 20 Olympic-sized swimming pools.
- There is enough concrete in the building to build a four-foot-wide sidewalk over 40 miles long – about the distance from McAllen to San Benito.
- The faceted-wall exterior design of the theatre is inspired by palm tree trunks.
- The interior arches are solid pecan wood acoustic reflectors that produce smooth, even sounds.
We promise that these Broadway performances or local concerts and more will have your date’s eyes twinkling with excitement and awe:
- The Illusionists
- Adam Trent
- Jay Leno
- Ballet San Antonio
- Menopause the Musical
- Shen Yun
- Dirty Dancing
For more information on upcoming shows or where to find tickets, click here!
A Perfect Date Night
Wow your date with some tickets to their favorite show and grab a bite to eat after. The McAllen Performing Arts Center area has plenty of date night-worthy restaurants suitable for every taste bud! Planning your night has never been easier in McAllen. See you at the show!