Photo Courtesy of La Familia De Diez
Start this weekend by watching a performance by La Familia de Diez, shop at the Valley Vintage and Sneaker Fest on Saturday, and end Sunday with your friends at Bike Night! Read more about each event below and the many more that are planned throughout the weekend!
Friday, August 16th
- Let’s Draw at the IMAS is scheduled from 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM. Only dry mediums are permitted. The event is recommended for ages six and up with accompanying adults. For entrance fees, please click here.
- Stop by Moonlight Over Moonstruck Market for an evening artisan market, live music, and food from 6:00 PM until 10:00 PM. This event will continue on Saturday from 10:00 AM until 3:00 PM.
- Intro to Poi (Art of Fire Spinning) will be held at the McAllen Nature Center from 6:15 PM until 7:00 PM. There is a suggested donation of $1 for park admission.
- Practice Sunset Yoga at the McAllen Nature Center form 7:00 PM until 8:00 PM. There is a suggested donation of $1 for park admission.
- Have some laughs with La Familia de Diez performance at the McAllen Performing Arts Center beginning at 7:30 PM. Click here to purchase tickets.
- Friday Night Funnies at London Grill & Tavern is set from 8:00 PM until 10:00 PM.
Photo Courtesy of Valley Vintage and Sneaker Fest
Saturday, August 17th
- Try Tai Chi at the McAllen Nature Center from 8:00 AM until 9:00 AM. There is a suggested donation of $1 per participant.
- Creative Workshops for Kids +Parents will be held at Kaboom Comics from 10:00 AM until 1:30 PM. There is a fee of $8 per participant, click here to register online.
- Bring your kids for some afternoon fun during the Lego Club at the McAllen Public Library. This event will be from 2:00 PM until 3:00 PM.
- Buy, sell, and trade rare collectible footwear at the Valley Vintage and Sneaker Fest from 3:00 PM until 7:00 PM. This event will be held at the McAllen Creative Incubator. Click here to purchase tickets.
- The final Summer Nights Pop-Up series will be held at Uncommon Grounds from 5:00 PM until 8:00 PM.
Photo Courtesy of Whiskey Barrel Bar & Grill
Sunday, August 18th
- Have an early morning bike ride at the Sunday Sapo Gravel Ride from 7:00 AM until 10:00 AM. Meet at La Plaza Mall’s Sun & Ski Sports store.
- Bring your family to the IMAS’s Free Family Sunday Funday from 1:00 PM until 5:00 PM.
- Join author Beatrice de León Edwards for the Valley Roots Series: The Mysterious Guanches of the Canary islands discussion at the McAllen Public Library. This event will be held from 2:00 PM until 4:00 PM.
- Spend your Sunday Funday evening at Bike Night at Whiskey Barrel Bar & Grill from 6:00 PM until 12:00 AM for food, live music, and karaoke.
Tag Us, Explorers!
Share your weekend fun with us by using #exploremcallen and #mcalleneats to be featured on our social media accounts!