Are you looking for the luck of the Irish on St. Patrick’s Day? Everyone knows that the best city to explore is McAllen! We looked through Facebook for any and all events in the city that will make this St. Patrick’s Day with family and friends on March 17th the best ever! We found 17 places you’ll have a blast exploring!
- Desperado Harley Davidson – Bikes, food, drinks, live music and door prizes? Oh, yes, it’s a party for the whole family! This giant celebration at Desperado Harley Davidson in McAllen will be from 12:00 PM until 3:00 PM.
- Quinta Mazatlán World Birding Center – Whoa, whoa, we know that this isn’t a typical way to spend St. Patrick’s Day, but hear us out. Nature is green, and green equals St. Patrick’s Day! So, it’s the same, right? Agree or disagree, we promise the whole family will have fun learning about butterflies with art, music, nature walks and more!
- Europa Cuisine & Entertainment – Your St. Patrick’s Day won’t be complete without heading to Europa for some key lime stout milkshakes, green beer and some bowling that all starts at 11:00 AM.
- International Museum of Art & Science – Is shopping more your thing? Looking to get lucky on your shopping spree? IMAS’s gift shop is having a St. Patrick’s Day sale filled with unique treasures. You can even choose a shamrock from their pot of gold and receive a special discount! Shop from 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Cinderella Pet Rescue St. Patrick’s Day Adoption – Make a pet feel super lucky as they find a new home from PetSmart in McAllen. Adoptions are available from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Stand Up Paddle Board Workout – Want to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day another way? Stand up paddle boarding at Town Lake at Firemen’s Park is the place to be! It’s completely different from a regular St. Patrick’s Day celebration, but we promise it’ll be a fun experience that you won’t forget!
- The Quarter New Orleans Kitchen and Tap Room – The Quarter knows how to party, and with green beer, cocktail specials, live music, food specials and happy hour until 7:00 PM, this party is going to be huge! The fun starts at 12:00 PM.
- Titled Kilt Pub and Eatery – This Irish pub in McAllen is having a St. Patrick’s Day party with a live DJ, a $100 chicken wing eating contest, green beer and authentic bagpipes. Doors open at 11:00 AM.
- Live Crawfish Brew & Q – The grand opening of Live Crawfish Brew & Q is going to be a huge block party with Brick House in McAllen! Starting at 12:00 PM, enjoy food, vendors, fun, lots of green beer and the musical stylings of Whiskey D. at 8:00 PM.
- Roosevelt’s at 7 – Live music, green beer, Irish inspired food and a whole lot of fun will be had at Roosevelt’s! It all starts at 1:00 PM.
- Craft House Table and Bar – Ready to get your party on? Green cocktails, green beer, food specials, giveaways and live music will make Craft House a place you won’t forget. It starts at 5:00 PM.
- Rabble-Rouser Brewing Company – McAllen’s own brewery will be hosting a special celebration from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM with their own Irish Red and Stout along with a mystery ale! What could it be? Go and find out!
- Brujeria Nightclub and Shot Bar – Find a pot of gold at the end of 17th Street at Brujeria Nightclub with Glazers Beer and Beverage alongside the Heineken Girls. Drink specials and prizes will be going on all night. It starts at 10:00 PM.
- Suerte Bar & Grill – This spot is having a giant block party with Thirsty Monkey, Tres and Love Buzz. You’ll have everything you need for a great party, including great jams, green tacos and green tequila. It starts at 6:00 PM.
- Bourbon St. Grill – Happy hour at this spot will run from 12:00 PM until 8:00 PM with countless drink specials and live music from Misguided Missiles, Fergus and Clarity. You can start the celebration at 10:00 AM!
- Texas Oak Bar – Enjoy green beer and Irish whiskey with games and prizes throughout the night starting at 6:00 PM.
- Austin Street Bar – Its going to be a dance party at Austin Street Bar! Dance the night away with Robert Ceballos and drink specials all night! The dancing begins at 5:00 PM.
That’s a whole list of events we’ve made just for you. From food and drinks to family events, it’s your list of things to explore in McAllen. Don’t forget to share you adventures with us on Instagram with #ExploreMcAllen!